Public speaking training and education at this Lancashire Speakers Club - Contact now
Have you ever felt like you're talking, but nobody is listening?
Julian Treasure TED videos help you fix that. The sound expert demonstrates some useful vocal exercises and shares tips on how to speak with empathy, he offers his vision for a sonorous world of listening and understanding.
Take time to view and digest Julian's key points. You will not be disappointed.
Can you benefit and use these tips? I can!
Here is a synopsis of Julian's tips:
BE POSITIVE WITH HAIL - To greet or acclaim enthusiastically
H - Honestly (Be straight and clear)
A - Authenticity (Be yourself)
I - Integrity (Be your word)
L - Love (wish them well)
Use Julian's amazing vocal toolbox:
1. Register - Locate your voice at your chest to gain some weight
2. Timbre - Voices that are rich, smooth and warm
3. Prosody - Avoid monotone, a statement sounds like a question and repeat a statement
4. Pace - Get excited by saying something really quickly; Slow down to emphasize; Silent #
5. Pitch- Ex: "Where did you leave my keys?" with different pitches are different meaning
6. Volume: Excited - High Volume; Attention - Low Volume
How useful and powerful is that? Was it useful?
Try HAIL in your next presentation.
Let me know how you got on.
South Lancaster Speakers Club meets 7.30pm most 2nd & 4th Wednesdays from September to May at Hollins Lane Methodist Church School Room, Forton, PR3 0AB. Call 01524 805554